- Our Fleet
- Excursions & Day Trips
- UK Tours
- UK Tours Overview
- Norfolk Broads (27th Apr 2020)
- Legendary Landscapes of Wales (11th May 2020)
- Lake District Cross Country Explorer (18th May 2020)
- Scottish Explorer (31st May 2020)
- Shropshire and the Peaky Blinders (22nd Jun 2020)
- Scenic "Tor" of Dartmoor (6th Jul 2020)
- In the Footsteps of the Tudors (20th Jul 2020)
- Isle of Wight (27th Jul 2020)
- Peak District Delights (10th Aug 2020)
- London Weekend (21st Aug 2020)
- Gower Peninsula (6th Sep 2020)
- Durham and Beamish (13th Sep 2020)
- A Mindbending Tour of Cambridge (24th Sep 2020)
- Jersey in Style (1st Oct 2020)
- Emmerdale (2nd Oct 2020)
- Blackpool Illuminations (10th Oct 2020)
- Birmingham Christmas Market (22nd Nov 2020)
- Harrogate Fizz & Fayre (30th Nov 2020)
- London (5th Dec 2020)
- Thursford Spectacular (10th Dec 2020)
- Christmas in Norfolk (23rd Dec 2020)
- European Tours
- Private Hire
- Pickup Points
UK Tours 2020
5 Day Tour - Lake District Cross Country Explorer
3* GILSLAND HALL HOTEL – BRAMPTON
Departs: Mon 18th May, Price: £425, Single Supplement: £0
Included in cost: 4 NIGHTS HALF BOARD, NIGHTLY ENTERTAINMENT, HADRIAN'S WALL, CAWFIELDS, VINDOLANDA FORT & MUSEUM ENTRANCE, HEXHAM, CRUISE TO GLENRIDDING, THE LAKES DISTILLERY WITH TASTINGS, GRETNA GREEN, DEVIL'S PORRIDGE MUSEUM.
Day 1: Our base for this holiday is The Gilsland Hall Hotel in Cumbria, with spectacular views over the Cumbrian and Northumberland countryside. With live musical entertainment & dancing, tea dances and in house activities every night. Set in 140 acres of idyllic woodland and manicured gardens.
Day 2: Hadrian’s Wall – starting at one of the highest sections of the wall, Cawfields, marvel at turrets and an impressive mile station probably built by the Second Legion.
Travelling along the route of the wall, we visit Hexham and the award winning Vindolanda Fort and Museum, one of Europe’s most important Roman archaeological sites still being excavated holding a vast collection of treasures in excellent condition, to view.
Day 3: This morning we drive to the stunning Lake District to enjoy a tranquil 1 hour cruise, showcasing 8 miles of mountain scenery on England’s most beautiful lake from Pooley Bridge to Glenridding.
Afterwards, stopping at the pretty town of Keswick with free time for lunch, we will then head to the Lakes Distillery with a guided tour, and tastings of whisky, gin and vodka.
Day 4: Today we travel into Scotland and visit the brand new, state of the art, award winning Devil’s Porridge Museum, where the majority of munitions were produced by an army of women in WW1.
Then onto the Gretna Green Blacksmiths shop, and Story Exhibition the historic hotspot for elopements, which is housed within the original blacksmiths cottage and workshop.
Day 5: Return to Waterside.