- Our Fleet
- Excursions & Day Trips
- UK Tours
- UK Tours Overview
- Christmas in Stratford Upon Avon (23rd Dec 2019)
- Newquay Inclusive (10th Feb 2020)
- Eastbourne (16th Mar 2020)
- Norfolk Broads (27th Apr 2020)
- Legendary Landscapes of Wales (11th May 2020)
- Lake District Cross Country Explorer (18th May 2020)
- Scottish Explorer (31st May 2020)
- Shropshire and the Peaky Blinders (22nd Jun 2020)
- Scenic "Tor" of Dartmoor (6th Jul 2020)
- In the Footsteps of the Tudors (20th Jul 2020)
- Isle of Wight (27th Jul 2020)
- Peak District Delights (10th Aug 2020)
- London Weekend (21st Aug 2020)
- Gower Peninsula (6th Sep 2020)
- Durham and Beamish (13th Sep 2020)
- A Mindbending Tour of Cambridge (24th Sep 2020)
- Jersey in Style (1st Oct 2020)
- Emmerdale (2nd Oct 2020)
- Blackpool Illuminations (10th Oct 2020)
- Birmingham Christmas Market (22nd Nov 2020)
- Harrogate Fizz & Fayre (30th Nov 2020)
- London (5th Dec 2020)
- Thursford Spectacular (10th Dec 2020)
- Christmas in Norfolk (23rd Dec 2020)
- European Tours
- Private Hire
- Pickup Points
UK Tours 2020
5 Day Tour - In the Footsteps of the Tudors
4* MERCURE BRANDS HATCH HOTEL – DARTFORD, KENT
Departs: Mon 20th July, Price: £409, Single Supplement: £90
Included in cost: 4 NIGHTS HALF BOARD, GUIDED HOUSE TOUR OF PENSHURST PLACE, ENTRANCE TO HEVER CASTLE & GARDENS, TOUR & TASTING AT DENBIES WINE ESTATE, ENTRANCE TO CHARTWELL HOUSE, GARDENS & STUDIO, DAY TRIP TO GREENWICH.
Day 1: Travel to Kent, home to a remarkable number of Kings, Queens and famous leaders, and on this tour we enter the regal and stately world of historic figures. Our hotel, which is set in the beautiful Kent countryside, has an impressive indoor pool and modern gym and sports fans will love the motorsport themed bar, which overlooks the Brands Hatch Racing Circuit.
Day 2: We begin with a visit to 14th century Penshurst Place, once owned by King Henry VIII. We have a guided tour of the house and enjoy some free time for lunch here before we head to nearby Hever Castle, childhood home of Anne Boleyn. This 700 year old royal home has award winning gardens and stunning interior.
Day 3: Today we have a full day to visit the home of Time - Greenwich, where we explore its famous attractions. You have the option of visiting the Royal Observatory, the historic sailing ship Cutty Sark, National Maritime Museum (free of charge), or Queen’s House Art Gallery (free of charge). For the shoppers, there is also Greenwich Market to enjoy.
Day 4: Enjoy an indoor winery tour at Denbies Wine Estate in Surrey, one of the largest wine producers in the UK, with 265 acres of vines – of which we are guided through a tasting of Denbies’ classic wine. We then visit the former home of Sir Winston Churchill at Chartwell. The house remains much the same as when this influential family lived here, with fascinating pictures, books and personal mementoes on display. Explore the gardens and see the place Churchill used to sit and feed his Golden Orfe, and the wall he built with his own hands.
Day 5: After breakfast, we return to Waterside.