- Our Fleet
- Excursions & Day Trips
- UK Tours
- UK Tours Overview
- Norfolk Broads (27th Apr 2020)
- Legendary Landscapes of Wales (11th May 2020)
- Lake District Cross Country Explorer (18th May 2020)
- Scottish Explorer (31st May 2020)
- Shropshire and the Peaky Blinders (22nd Jun 2020)
- Scenic "Tor" of Dartmoor (6th Jul 2020)
- In the Footsteps of the Tudors (20th Jul 2020)
- Isle of Wight (27th Jul 2020)
- Peak District Delights (10th Aug 2020)
- London Weekend (21st Aug 2020)
- Gower Peninsula (6th Sep 2020)
- Durham and Beamish (13th Sep 2020)
- A Mindbending Tour of Cambridge (24th Sep 2020)
- Jersey in Style (1st Oct 2020)
- Emmerdale (2nd Oct 2020)
- Blackpool Illuminations (10th Oct 2020)
- Birmingham Christmas Market (22nd Nov 2020)
- Harrogate Fizz & Fayre (30th Nov 2020)
- London (5th Dec 2020)
- Thursford Spectacular (10th Dec 2020)
- Christmas in Norfolk (23rd Dec 2020)
- European Tours
- Private Hire
- Pickup Points
UK Tours 2020
5 Day Tour - Scenic "Tor" of Dartmoor
3* HOTEL DE LA MER – TORQUAY
Departs: Mon 6th July, Price: £410, Single Supplement: £0
Included in cost: 4 NIGHTS HALF BOARD, TEA/COFFEE AFTER DINNER, NIGHTLY ENTERTAINMENT, BUCKLAND ABBEY & GARDEN ENTRANCE, PLYMOUTH HARBOUR CRUISE, MAYFLOWER MUSEUM ENTRANCE, STEAM TRAIN RIDE ON SOUTH DEVON RAILWAY, GIN DISTILLERY TOUR.
Day 1: Today we travel down to our hotel in Babbacombe, Torquay where a warm family welcome awaits. The nearby shops and attractions, beach and museums are only a short walk away. 2020 marks the 400th anniversary of the voyage of the Pilgrims and their journey aboard the Mayflower to the New World.
Day 2: We start the tour with a trip to Sir Francis Drake’s former home – Buckland Abbey - part museum, part house, crammed with a variety of historic artefacts surrounded by meadows and woodlands from where you can enjoy magnificent views of the Tavy Valley. We spend the afternoon at leisure exploring the picturesque resort of Polperro, a quaint fishing village with lots of Old Cornish charm.
Day 3: We head to Plymouth this morning, from where we enjoy a 1 hour boat cruise before visiting The Mayflower Museum, which celebrates the story of Plymouth’s role in the Pilgrims epic journey. Featuring a scale model of the Mayflower ship, it will be at the centre of international celebrations of this anniversary. In the afternoon, we enjoy a guided tour of the historic Plymouth Gin Distillery, rumoured to be where the Pilgrim Fathers spent their last night, and enjoy a G&T at the bar – or take a complimentary miniature home with us.
Day 4: Today, we enjoy a return journey on the South Devon Railway from Buckfastleigh to Totnes, along a seven mile stretch of line that runs along the stunning valley of the River Dart, and is the longest established steam railway in the south west. In the afternoon, sit back and relax while we take you on a scenic drive across the spectacularly wild and wonderful Dartmoor.
Day 5: Return to Waterside.