- Our Fleet
- Excursions & Day Trips
- UK Tours
- UK Tours Overview
- White Cliffs Country - Kent (9th Apr 2018)
- Tall Ships, Liverpool (25th May 2018)
- Brief Encounter (4th Jun 2018)
- Chatsworth Flower Show (8th Jun 2018)
- Lake District, Boats & Trains (6th Aug 2018)
- Norfolk the Broads (19th Aug 2018)
- London Weekend, 3 Day (24th Aug 2018)
- Discover Durham & Beamish (3rd Sep 2018)
- Llangollen Rail and Canal Cruise (24th Sep 2018)
- Blackpool the Famous Illuminations (8th Oct 2018)
- Emmerdale Tour (19th Oct 2018)
- Celtic Winter Warmer, Wales (12th Nov 2018)
- Turkey & Tinsel, Torquay (19th Nov 2018)
- London Weekend, 2 Day (1st Dec 2018)
- Beaufort Park Hotel Christmas (23rd Dec 2018)
- European Tours
- European Tours Overview
- Dutch Bulbfields (13th Apr 2018)
- Roses, Costa Brava, Spain (21st Apr 2018)
- Parisian Palace and Gardens (14th Jun 2018)
- Moselle Valley, Germany (24th Jun 2018)
- Austrian Alps (4th Aug 2018)
- Alassio, Italian Rivera (15th Sep 2018)
- Little Railways On The Rhine (4th Oct 2018)
- Western Ireland’s Coastal Delight (14th Oct 2018)
- Ypres, Belgium (19th Oct 2018)
- Disneyland® Paris (14th Nov 2018)
- Valkenburg Xmas Markets (30th Nov 2018)
- Arras Xmas Markets, France (7th Dec 2018)
- Valkenburg Xmas Markets (7th Dec 2018)
- Private Hire
- Pickup Points
UK Tours 2018
5 Day Tour - White Cliffs Country - Kent
3* Burlington Hotel - Folkstone
Departs: Mon 9th April, Price: £389, Single Supplement: £70
This new tour gives you a chance to explore Kent. There is a visit to Dover Castle, Wartime Tunnels and Underground Hospital, a ride on the Kent and East Sussex Railway, a Brewery tour and a visit to Canterbury to explore its famous Cathedral.
The stylish Victorian hotel has a superb location in a pleasant area close to the seafront. All 60 bedrooms have TV, hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. The restaurant is traditional in style and serves dishes sourced from fresh local produce. It has two bars and ground floor bedrooms.
Day 1: We travel to Kent. Welcome tea/coffee on arrival.
Day 2: We travel along the coast to Dover. We visit the Castle which has stood guard over the shortest sea crossing between England & the Continent for nearly a thousand years. We explore the Wartime Tunnels where we immerse ourselves in the very tunnels where the desperate rescue operation in the drama of Dunkirk was masterminded and a visit to the Underground Hospital.
Day 3: This morning, we travel to the picturesque town of Tenterden with its fine High Street which must rank amongst the most attractive in the country. We take in a guided tour at the award winning Old Dairy Brewery. We board the train at the local station for a ride on the Kent & East Sussex Railway whilst enjoying a Ploughman’s Lunch.
Day 4: After breakfast, we make our way to the historic city of Canterbury. The skyline of this University City is dominated by the oldest cathedral in England. We have organised a morning visit to the cathedral. Free time to spend site seeing or shopping in the afternoon.
Day 5: Return to Waterside.
Included in cost: Coach travel, 4 nights half-board. On arrival at the hotel, welcome tea/coffee. Tea/coffee after dinner. Admission to Dover Castle, Wartime Tunnels and the Underground Hospital. Guided tour & tasting at the Old Dairy Brewery, Return rail journey on the Kent & East Sussex Railway with Ploughman’s lunch. Entrance to Canterbury Cathedral.
Please note: Dover castle has some steep flights of narrow steps, some very steep slopes and cobbled walkways within the grounds.