- Our Fleet
- Excursions & Day Trips
- UK Tours
- UK Tours Overview
- Norfolk Broads (27th Apr 2020)
- Legendary Landscapes of Wales (11th May 2020)
- Lake District Cross Country Explorer (18th May 2020)
- Scottish Explorer (31st May 2020)
- Shropshire and the Peaky Blinders (22nd Jun 2020)
- Scenic "Tor" of Dartmoor (6th Jul 2020)
- In the Footsteps of the Tudors (20th Jul 2020)
- Isle of Wight (27th Jul 2020)
- Peak District Delights (10th Aug 2020)
- London Weekend (21st Aug 2020)
- Gower Peninsula (6th Sep 2020)
- Durham and Beamish (13th Sep 2020)
- A Mindbending Tour of Cambridge (24th Sep 2020)
- Jersey in Style (1st Oct 2020)
- Emmerdale (2nd Oct 2020)
- Blackpool Illuminations (10th Oct 2020)
- Birmingham Christmas Market (22nd Nov 2020)
- Harrogate Fizz & Fayre (30th Nov 2020)
- London (5th Dec 2020)
- Thursford Spectacular (10th Dec 2020)
- Christmas in Norfolk (23rd Dec 2020)
- European Tours
- Private Hire
- Pickup Points
European Tours 2020
4 Day Tour - Valkenburg Christmas Markets
3* SCHAEPKENS VAN ST FIJT – VALKENBURG
Departs: Fri 11th December, Price: £399, Single Supplement: £80
Included in cost: RETURN COACH TRAVEL, EUROTUNNEL CROSSING, FREE USE OF LEISURE FACILITIES AT LOCAL LEISURE CENTRE, VISIT MONSCHAU AND MAASTRICHT CHRISTMAS MARKETS, FREE TIME IN VALKENBURG.
Day 1: We make our way to the Netherlands to the lively and picturesque Valkenburg aan de Geul, just a few hundred metres from the centre to our family run hotel – The Schaepkens Van St Fijt. The hotel has three lifts and various facilities for the disabled and is therefore wheelchair friendly. Free WIFI is available in the entire hotel and all guests can use the facilities of the De Polfermolen leisure centre free of charge. The Polfermolen is about 700 metres away from the hotel, where you will find an indoor swimming pool with various baths and a fitness centre. There will also be live musical entertainment in the bar. The hotel is not far from all the cultural sights such as the caves (where the Christmas Market is held), the catacombs and the castle ruins.
Day 2: A morning visit to the vibrant city of Maastricht. This brightly lit Christmas Market is one the most popular in the Netherlands and only a short journey from the hotel. This market is a paradise of lights, colours and aromas to excite the senses and plenty of stalls to look around. In the afternoon, you have free time to look around the unique Christmas Markets in Valkenburg, which are held in their famous caves!
Day 3: Free time in the morning, and then you have the chance to visit the beautiful town of Monschau, nestled in a valley just a few kilometres from the Belgian border in Germany. The town is full of romantic old streets, quaint shops, half timbered buildings and a wonderful selection of restaurants and cafes. One of Germany’s prettiest towns and stunningly decorated for the Christmas season – especially when it starts to get dark and it lights up!
Day 4: After breakfast, we depart back to Waterside.